Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Bought a four camera system. Number 3 camera consistantly goes offline.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Raish58
Follower
Follower

Has anyone been able to fix this issue? I bought a four camera system and set it up. Nice and easy I might say but one of the cameras refuses to stay online. It's number 3 in my set up. Done all the things I can see on this forum. Nada. Not happy after spending $550.00.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Raish58 wrote:

Has anyone been able to fix this issue? I bought a four camera system and set it up. Nice and easy I might say but one of the cameras refuses to stay online. It's number 3 in my set up. Done all the things I can see on this forum. Nada. Not happy after spending $550.00.

I would try swapping two cameras... One that works to the location of the one that doesn't to see if its the camera or location/interference.

If the problem follows the camera, then do a reset of the camera by opening the battery door for about 3 secs then reclose. After it sync's if the problem continues with the same camera, then it's a possiblitly the cam has a defect and you should contact netgear for a replacement.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Turtl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue. I have swapped cameras around with the same camera still going 'offline'... Power reset, re-sync, no change...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Trouble ticket time...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Turtl,

Welcome to the community! I would add that you may consider replacing the batteries in the affected camera with a fresh set. If you have followed the above troubleshooting steps and still are getting the same results isolated to a single camera, like @jguerdat I encourage you to contact our support team for further validation of potential RMA. 

Let us know the results!

JamesC

Turtl
Aspirant
Aspirant
@JamesC I have changed the batteries (not with new though as they are new! But with the batteries from the cameras that are working) and there is no change to the camera operation.