Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
mj31
Follower
Follower
Just downloaded new update. Now the camera is only showing black and white video, no more color
3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The B/W is a factor of the light level... if it is dark, the camera switches automaticly over to black/white with the IR illuminators. You can not control this.

Take the camera into a brightly lite room and retest... If still in B/W, then open the battery door for 5 seconds and reclose ( do not re-open door if the camera front leds start to flash during reset )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
EM2Ranch
Aspirant
Aspirant
One of my cameras is only showing video in black and white. I reset it and it is still just black and white How don't return it for a new one? It is only 4 weeks old
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

EM2Ranch wrote:
One of my cameras is only showing video in black and white. I reset it and it is still just black and white How don't return it for a new one? It is only 4 weeks old

Can I assume the camera is also showing B/W in a well lite room or daylight ??  If it's below a certain light level, the camera reverts to B/W.

Easy to see if camera got a glich, ...  Open the battery door for 5 secs and reclose, test again.  If still running B/W in daylight contact Netgear

Morse is faster than texting!