Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 33 Replies
  • 18 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
almalex5
Tutor
Tutor

I used the free trial for the premium subscription plan and cancelled it within that month. My credit card is showing a charge from Arlo despite cancelling the service.

With customer service being completely unavaliable I see a credit card dispute as my only option. Please refund this charge made in error. 

33 REPLIES 33
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

almalex5,

Is the charge pending or completed?

JamesC

almalex5
Tutor
Tutor

The charge is currently pending, will reply back if it is completed.

Thanks

almalex5
Tutor
Tutor

The transaction has now been posted to my account and my card has been charged $9.99

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

almalex5,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information on this issue.

JamesC

peets12
Tutor
Tutor

I am also getting reoccuring charges for 9.99 but I cancelled and went back to basic 3 months ago.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @peets12,

I'll reach out to you via PM to gather more information from you 🙂

SmacTay
Aspirant
Aspirant
Curious if you got this resolved? This just happened to me tonight. What route did you go to get credited, if so? I can’t find a phone # or email address for billing. Or any human, for that matter.
peets12
Tutor
Tutor
Still haven't received a message.
peets12
Tutor
Tutor
Nobody has sent me a private message to resolve the issue unfortunately.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @peets12,

As discussed through PM, I have created your case and escalated it to our support escalation team. They should handle your case once they review your case.

Hey @SmacTay,

I was able to find your case and it looks like our support team is assisting you . Please keep an eye out if you have been refunded. If you have not been refunded yet, please let me know so I can take a look again.

allo486
Initiate
Initiate

I subscribed for the Premium service for a couple months and then reverted back to Basic in early August.
Still keep getting billed on a monthly basis to my CC. 
I'd like to get this fixed and a refund issued for the amount overcharged.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

allo486,

I've opened and escalated a case on your behalf. I will reach out to you in a private message with further information.

JamesC

Djb617
Initiate
Initiate
I’m also in that boat and my charge cleared
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Djb617,

I've sent you a PM to gather more information to further help you out 🙂

skennedy1078
Initiate
Initiate

I am having an issue where I am still getting charged for my first unit.  I had to return my first unit and I was paying for the service and now my new unit I have it set to the Basic package. Why am I still being billed and how do I stop it?  After checking my account, I have been charged since September and I don't even have the unit that I was paying for the service.  Please help!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

skennedy1078,

The service is based on the account. Did you start a new account when you got the new Arlo device? If so, you will need to log in to the old account and downgrade your subscription to Basic.

JamesC

MarJenk
Initiate
Initiate
I am having this same issue and have not received any help. I reached out to customer service twice, have a case # that I was told was escalated and I responded to the case email twice with no response. This has been going on for for 4 weeks. Is anyone here able to help? This is really bad customer service.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @MarJenk,

I sent you a private message (PM) to gather more information from you with not hearing back from our support team.

meiyaps
Tutor
Tutor

My account is getting charged for cancelled subscription for the past 3 months. I used the premium subscription and went back to basic subscription. But still my account is getting charged. Please help.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @meiyaps,

I have sent you a private message (PM) to look into your case and escalate it further.

jsmeyer
Star
Star
I have had to cancel three charges over the last three months. Customer service has lost Arlo customer and I will be sure to warn others.
jsmeyer
Star
Star
There are two problems: billing and subscription profiles out of sync. Forgivable. Unwilling to acknowledge and rectify the problem inexcusable.
meiyaps
Tutor
Tutor

Still no update on my case. I have been charged for 3 months. Please return back my charges.

C_crabtree
Guide
Guide
This is absolutely rediculous on arlo/netgears behalf!!! Im about to be charged for a 4th time after i have cancelled/downgraded to basic. I have a case number, spoke with cs. I have done everything asked provided proof of charges and type of credit card, (which is beyond me) And all of this so they can sync our account. I call bull**bleep**!! One or 2 cases i can understand but this many people dealing with same issue for 3-4months. That is theft in my book!!! Arlo is a scam!!!