Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 70 Replies
  • 21 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
bobuser
Star
Star

With the latest iOS software update, your developers decided that removing the % battery left was a good idea. It isn't.

I would request that you reinstate the numeric display of battery percentage remaining. Relying on just a small icon to show the amount of charge left is hopeless. This is the same stupid idea that Apple implemented in their IOS. They only did it due to their idiotic notch design - not allowing enough space for the % symbol. They are now going to get rid of the notch, allowing them more space. You should not follow them in that poor User Interface design decision. I need to see the percentage left as I continually have to recharge the batteries. I am sure others feel the same way.

Oh, I would normally write a support ticket without relying on posting here - but I can't find that option available any more. I will continue to hunt for that feature, but I suspect you have removed it - due to the large number of complaints you would get.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is still testing a resolution for this issue. I will provide more information once this fix is approved and available.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

A fix for this issue is currently being identified and tested. I do not have an ETA at this time but will provide an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently reviewing reports of this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information to share.

JamesC

70 REPLIES 70
ant
Mentor
Mentor

I hope it will still notify us of low battery power. I have an original Arlo's CR123 camera power that is at 16% (yellow) since yesterday. I hope the fix will be soon.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

FYI. Low battery notifications (e-mails and iOS app) still work and even show their CR123 battery percentages. I got them for 14% (took five days to drop from 16%) and 3% (dropped fast) from two different Arlo cameras. Now, we need an updated Arlo iOS app with the battery percentage fix for the original cameras!

Slimmer
Star
Star
It would be nice to know that a diagnosis has been determined and a fix is on the way to bring battery percentage symbol to the app. Would love an answer.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is still testing a resolution for this issue. I will provide more information once this fix is approved and available.

JamesC

Slimmer
Star
Star
Thanks James C for responding and letting us know that you’re behind the scene taking care with a fix.
Slimmer
Star
Star
Just uploaded version 3.6.3 today, came out days ago, still no battery percentage. Hoping that was the fix it is not.
ant
Mentor
Mentor

An updated iOS app came out today, but the issue was still there so I guess it wasn't fixed. 😞

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This fix will be available in a later release. I will post an update and release version information once it's available.

JamesC

Slimmer
Star
Star
Just curious, Version 3.6.4 was released 2 days ago and uploaded today, was that the fix for battery percentage return?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Slimmer,

No. This fix is planned to go out in the next app release.

JamesC

ant
Mentor
Mentor

When is the release with this fix?

ant
Mentor
Mentor

It's finally fixed, but on the server end since I haven't updated the app since 4/25/2022.

Slimmer
Star
Star
Ant, latest version is 3.6.4 and that did not fix battery percentage. James C said the next fix is in the next version, I’m patiently waiting.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app is now available in the app store (3.6.5). Please download the latest version and test again. If you still experience an issue, please let me know.

JamesC

Slimmer
Star
Star
Just downloaded 3.6.5 and the battery icon is gone, it was there before, NO battery percentage. Both are NOT there. My Arlo base is remote, do I need to reboot the base station to see upgrade, just asking.
57A
Star
Star

I "updated" to 3.6.5 and didn't initially notice any difference. So I deleted the app and downloaded it fresh.  I didn't see percentages beside the battery icon on the devices page, but when I clicked on the settings icon for the individual camera, I could then see the percentages on that screen beside the battery icon.  I can't remember if that was the way it was before, but at least I can see the percentages again on my iPad, which I couldn't since 3.5.13.

I had no issues with my iPhone SE, so I downloaded 3.6.5 and all seems to be fine there with percentages showing when I click on the settings button for each camera.

VMB3000 | Arlo Base Station, VMC3030 | 4 Arlo Wire-Free Cameras
Slimmer
Star
Star
57A, took your advice, deleted the new 3.6.5, reloaded and WA LA both battery and percentage appeared on my I-phone app. Back to normal for me, thanks to ALL helping for this correction.
ant
Mentor
Mentor

57A: Arlo removed the percentage number from the home screen years ago. They moved it to the camera's details. 😞

pcs0snq
Guide
Guide
Same issue on mine 1 device shows batter %. The other 2 show the HUB name.
JSR80123
Tutor
Tutor

After the latest 3.6.6 update, I entirely deleted the app from my iPhone as recommended by other users and reloaded it from the app store. All three of my cameras now show the battery % level when looking at each individual camera "Device Settings".  I do not see percentages on the main "Device" screen where all three camera views are shown together but I never did see them there.

pcs0snq
Guide
Guide
Much thanks I’m good now