Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery life Arlo

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jimvaughan
Tutor
Tutor

I have two cameras, both use the same battery and I have tried switching locations. 

One camera (no matter which location it is at, I have tried both cameras in both locations) has normal battery life (months) the other lasts a few days. 

Is this one camera faulty?

Both cameras are hardware H7 and 1.2.16720

9 REPLIES 9
brh
Master
Master

@jimvaughan

The batteries should last for more than afew days if you have swapped locations with the other camera and they are set up the same way. Is the camera under warranty? If not these cameras are selling for a lot less money than before at most retail stores.

Brian

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I'd suggest contacting support

jimvaughan
Tutor
Tutor

The response from Netgear was, it's out of warranty...

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Bugger.

Ah well, silver lining is you could get an add-on Arlo Pro camera that is superior in every way. 

brh
Master
Master

@jimvaughan

On further thought you are mentioning one battery, but in your tags it says you have the original Arlo cameras that use 4 batteries. Which system do you have?

Brian

steve_t
Master Master
Master

H7 Hardware the 6720 firmware - they must be Arlo HD

brh
Master
Master

@steve_t

I wonder if 2 of the batteries are not making proper contact. Common problem with these cameras.

Brian

jimvaughan
Tutor
Tutor

Let me look at the contacts, that is a good idea. Yes, I have the 4 battery model. When I referred to same battery I meant same battery type. 

brh
Master
Master

@jimvaughan

These cameras are set up to use 2 banks of two each batteries in parallel. The camera switches back and forth between the two banks. Therefore the camera can run on only two batteries, but their lives are greatly shortened. A common problem with this model is that two of the batteries do not make good contact, forcing the camera to use only the other two batteries..

Open the door and remove the batteries. When reinserting them, let gravity drop the batteries into place. Then close the battery door and allo the door to put the proper pressure on the batteries to properly seat them.

Brian