Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery indicator red even with new batteries

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
pam
Aspirant
Aspirant

The battery indicator is showing as red on one of my cameras when I view the camera on screen. I have just replaced the batteries.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply. The batteries were OK, as they were the same as the originals, but it seems they were just not connecting properly in the battery compartment. They are working now, thank you very much for responding.

pam

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Both app and browser?  Some folks have reported different results.  

It's possible that the batteries are from a bad batch. Are you using non-rechargeables?  Some rechargeables have issues and shouldn't be used.  What brand/model batteries?  Might be worth opening and closing the battery door again.

Also, the amount of recording and live viewing can take batteries down quickly.  How many minutes of total recording and live viewing has been done since replacing the batteries?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pam,

You could also try putting the batteries in another camera and see if you get the same behavior. Let us know!

JamesC

pam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you James, we fiddled around with the batteries, and eventually they worked. I think they just weren't sitting right in the battery compartment.

pam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply. The batteries were OK, as they were the same as the originals, but it seems they were just not connecting properly in the battery compartment. They are working now, thank you very much for responding.

pam