Battery indicator is low

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Cheemak
Aspirant
Aspirant

The battery life on two of my cameras is at 18% while the other two cameras are 88% - I have only had the Arlo system for two days.  Does anyone know why the battery would drain so fast?  The two cameras at 18% are both outdoor, and the ones at 88% are indoor?

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What's the WiFi signal strength as well as how many total minutes of recording and live viewing has been done? Booth affect battery life. 

Something to try is to open and close the battery doors and power cycle the base. Sometimes the battery indicator needs to be reset.

Cheemak
Aspirant
Aspirant

Open and closed the battery, and boom back up to 90%! thanks for the info!!!

aufan-123
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just purchased 4 new batteries and in less than 24 hrs. They are down to 19 percent
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Did you try the above suggestions? How many total minutes per day have been spent live viewing and recording? Is the WiFi indicator for each camera strong?
aufan-123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Maybe 2mins every now and then live viewing and an occasional 5 mins recording
manfredz
Hero
Hero

i've had my system up and running for a week today , using the Panasonic batteries that came with it.

Fitst day I did play/experiment but not that much different yet by next morning the 4 cameras showed: 80, 92, 79, 65% left. 

All get light use and a week later same cams are at 28, 88, 68, 59%.

So 4-11% in a week if we ignore first cam (will be checking it by reseating the batteries.

Knew I'd get nowhere near the 6 months mentioned under ideal conditions but looking I'll get 9 weeks or better.  Doesnt seem too bad for me, and makes me reevaluate the idea of spending $70 CDN for a set of 4 rechargeables. (plus 1x $30 for a charger) when non rechargeable Panasonics are about $3.50 each.

twowhites
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was having the same problem as many others (low battery, depleted to 0%, would not charge) and the following fixed mine (so far). I just used a pencil eraser and cleaned both the battery terminals and the contacts inside the Arlo battery compartment. Don't let any of the eraser get into the Arlo itself. Everything started working again. It appears the very small contact footprints inside the Arlo form deposits fairly quickly and prevent the battery from making proper contact.The battery charged up to 100%, and there are no more errors at this time.