Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery compartment

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Capete
Tutor
Tutor

We  just got the system and started to set-up, but we cannot open the battery compartments.

Have followed instructions and also called Netgear technical support, but they won't open.

Please help us discover a way to open the compartments.  Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Capete
Tutor
Tutor

The problem with the door to the battery compartment was that the doors would not slide open

with the latch in the open position on either camera.

I finally got the straight edge of a piece of metal in the small crack at the back of the doors and

was able, with force, to make the doors slide open.  They are very, very tight and don't want to

slide shut or open, but now I can open them by using force with the straightedge.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
4vrnvr
Apprentice
Apprentice

Once the door slides open I had to give the door a little pull up and it popped right open.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Were you able to get it opened?

Push the small lock button over, while holding lock button push the entire bottom door rearwards. After it moves back you shold be able to lift it open.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Capete
Tutor
Tutor

The problem with the door to the battery compartment was that the doors would not slide open

with the latch in the open position on either camera.

I finally got the straight edge of a piece of metal in the small crack at the back of the doors and

was able, with force, to make the doors slide open.  They are very, very tight and don't want to

slide shut or open, but now I can open them by using force with the straightedge.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

My client and I also had a hard/difficult time too.

KevC
Initiate
Initiate

Once you slide out the outer cover for 1/4 inch, just lift up the stick out portion of the outer cover with a little bit of force.  It is the rubber seal in the inner cover that is sticking on the battery compartment that makes it hard to open up the first time.

Mahergirgis
Aspirant
Aspirant
How can I deactivate the led during the recording . Since it is consumed the battery quickly
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What LED?  Nothing should be lit except the IR illuminators if night vision is enabled and it's dark enough to need them.

Besides, LEDs simply don't consume that much energy.  What will run the batteries down is the amount of recording and live viewing as well as weak WiFi signals. 

Mahergirgis
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don't want the night vision . Or in other words I need to disable the night vision
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Mahergirgis wrote:
I don't want the night vision . Or in other words I need to disable the night vision

SETTINGS > PICK CAMERA > Toggle OFF IR ( night vision )

Mahergirgis
Aspirant
Aspirant
I want to disable the IR illuminators . Also how cam I configure the camera to take only snap shot not video
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Arlo cams will only take video not single shots  ( the Q cam will do snapshots )

wjdii
Initiate
Initiate

Nice quick concise answer; thanks much!!