Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery Rapid Drain

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Michael2016
Aspirant
Aspirant

We purchased or ARLO system 9/1/16. We only used one camera initially. About two weeks ago I installed the batteries in the other three cameras. They were initially turned on to verify use and to set up. Otherwise they have been off. We continue to use one camera while away from home. Today, while preparing to leave for an extended time, I noticed that three of the camera batteries were down to 84%. One was at 100%. With three cameras not in use just sitting with batteries installed (not turn on), one would think three of the cameras should be in the upper 90's range. Initially they were at 99%. Do you have any insights?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Maybe a weak WiFi signal due to just being placed where convenient rather than according to signal strength. Weak signal makes the camera work harder to maintain the connection, depleting the battery. It would be better to open the battery door.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If batteries were installed and the cameras not synced...the cameras use more power than if synced ( and in sleep mode ( disarmed )).

because the cameras keep looking for the base....

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Michael2016
Aspirant
Aspirant

Don't believe signal strength is the issue.  Initial setup included initial adjustments like video quality and recording time. All cameras at temperatures between 65-69 degrees.

The one camera in regular use more battery live and it is in an average leangth from the base unit. The other cameras: two are closer and one is slightly further away.

I did eventually open the battery doors and power levels returned to more of what I expected. ~95%.

Michael2016
Aspirant
Aspirant

Don't believe signal strength is the issue.  Initial setup included initial adjustments like video quality and recording time. All cameras at temperatures between 65-69 degrees.

The one camera in regular use more battery live and it is in an average leangth from the base unit. The other cameras: two are closer and one is slightly further away.

I did eventually open the battery doors and power levels returned to more of what I expected. ~95%.