Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery Life / Question

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Plansman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am realtivily new to the Arlo system and understand battery life is one of the drawbacks of the system. I don't leave the cameras on very much. Why are the batteries draining when not inuse/turned off? I've bought the Duracell batteries to replace two units that have already drained and these batteries are costly. Why would they drain if not turned on?

Thanks for any reasons/replies

6 REPLIES 6
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
There were multiple bugs in the firmware causing the ir lughts of the camera to stay on when camera is turned off. They have done several firmware updates since june and for most people the problem is solved. For some though the battery drain is still a problem. I guess it only affects certain camera models. You can try leaving camera on and disarmed instead. This has helped in the past. Until the issue is resolved
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Plansman,

How often do you life stream the cameras? What is their signal strength like? How long are the batteries lasting before needing replaced?

JamesC

Plansman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply. I very seldom use the two cameras I have mounted. and I keep the units turned off. Signal and pictures are real good. These batteries have been in maybe 4 months but bet I haven't had them active more than a total of 10 hours each. Battery life left is 30% and turned off.

Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
4 months and 10 hrs ? Cant ask for much more than that.
Plansman
Aspirant
Aspirant

The units installed have been turned on for maybe only 10 hours total. All other times they were off but are still draining and NOT in use.

Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Ok then something is wrong. Others complaining of same thing.