Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery Indicator not accurate.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
J_J_D
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I am using Lithium 123 batteries (non-rechargeable) in my 5 cameras. The battery indicator will show that the batteries are in good condition and then the cameras will go offline and I have to replace the batteries for the cameras to work. When I test the batteries with a meter they are indeed dead.  I have had the system for about a year.  Does anybody else have this issue? 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

When the cameras go offline, they actually use more power ( trying to reach the base ).

Only thing I can recommend is keeping the base online and looking into rechargeables.... 

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
J_J_D
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the response. The base is staying online.  For instance, I checked the battery levels Saturday and they were all above 90%. When I looked yesterday, I had a camera that was offline. I am over a 100 miles away and can not push the sinc button to rejoin it to the network. None of the other cameras are off line. I understand what you are saying that they would use more power when they are off line and trying to rejoin, but I think they are going offline due to lack of power and it is not indicated correctly by the power meter.

Carlcctv
Aspirant
Aspirant