Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery Alerts

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
San28734
Aspirant
Aspirant
This really hurts my feelings. Turn on my system app and three of my six cameras appear to be offline. I’m assuming it’s because the batteries died. Listen, I’ve had these for over a year and I have had this issue in the past. I just chalked it up to a bug that was soon to be fixed. Battery level at what looks like full on the dashboard screen, turn on the app the next day and they’re offline and flashing the low battery LED on the camera. I do occasionally get the “your batteries are tired” emails. As a matter of fact, one of the cameras that is currently working sent me a note on Monday that it was tired. So it’s tired, but still plugging along today and three of its brothers decided to die. I rebooted the base unit and the three active cameras came back, the other three didn’t. I know once I replace the batteries, they’ll be fine like usual. My question is, what is being done about this issue? The next time the app asks me for a review, I might still be disappointed enough to write one.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

San28734,

How long did the batteries last in the three cameras before they died? How much usage do these cameras see on a daily basis? How far from the base station are these cameras?

JamesC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

San28734,

How long did the batteries last in the three cameras before they died? How much usage do these cameras see on a daily basis? How far from the base station are these cameras?

JamesC