Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Batteries showing empty but testing shows good

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rhammond
Guide
Guide
One of my cameras sent multiple reminders that I needed to replace the batteries. (Original Arlo) I pulled the batteries and tested them and they show as full batteries. What gives? All 4 batteries were good.
3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What type of batteries and how did you test them?  ( OEM or rechargable li-ions )

How long did you use them?

Assuming they were OEM primary cells, you have to test them with a voltmeter.  New OEM cells are 3.2v when new and they are dead at about 2.75-2.8v

A battery tester may still show them in the green range but it not as accurate as to the cameras.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Frostspray
Aspirant
Aspirant

Batteries messured ( with a Fluke voltmeter ) showing 2,8 V are showing as a dead batteri in the Arlo Camera.

This is in the only item I have ever seen this.

Around down 10% and then dead. !!!!

I'll find another system-to expencive in buying new batteries.

If I have had this info before buying-I had newer done it.

Sorry-bad product.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, at 2.8v, they were prob dead... they do recoup fast when pulled till they get a load.

Like mentioned, dropout is about 2.75v ...

But, how long do they last?  My OEM cells run just about 4 months and I get them at an online store for about $1.40 each.

There is also two options... Netgear sells rechargeable/approved 16340 li-ion cells that run in the Arlo well... life is about 60 days for same.

Also there is a large thread on powering the Arlo cams with external power ( 9v) if you have the elec skill to do so. ( tho of course the warranty would be moot if done )

Morse is faster than texting!