Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Batteries low? Just put new ones in? Try this...

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
diamondave
Follower
Follower

I read some suggestions on the community about battery life and wanted to pass along a procedure I learned that solved my issues with rapid battery decline. I have the Arlo wireless system, three cameras, which have been installed for one month today.

Right now it is cold outside but I figured that would not matter much. It does to an extent, but why are my batteries already showing 19%, 18% and 23% respectfully? This system is less than three weeks old and the batteries (Duracell Lithium) are supposed to last 3-4 months, why so low already?

After reading through a slew of commentary I came upon this simple procedure to at least try first. Beyond that you may have a bigger issue (too long record time, below recommended temps, etc...), so this is an at least "try it" procedure.

The solution is to make sure they are properly inserted. I checked mine (all three) and found one battery "buried", (in other words, not making contact), in each of my three cameras.

The solution is simple:

1. Turn off whatever camera you are working with.

2. Open battery door and completrely remove all four batteries.

3. Re-insert all four batteries LOOSELY. DO NOT push them down into the battery well. Some will stick and when the door is closed, because it is stuck far into the battery well, contact will be lost with the contact points on the battery door.

4. Close battery door, squishing all four batteries down together as you close it.

5. Re-mount camera.

6. Turn camera back on and go to "position mode".

7. Re-position camera and done.

These very simple steps re-upped all my battery lives to around 90%, all of them (see above for where I was before these steps).

If this does not work, I can't tell you what to do next, however it worked for me which is why I am sharing it.

Good luck....be vigilant.

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes... if ONE of the batteries gets pushed in to far, you end up with only HALF the power the camera should have.

( 2 cells in series, both sets in parallel )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------