Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Pwilkens
Follower
Follower
I recently purchased 8 cameras for a small non-profit healthcare center. Less then one week, three of a cameras have been drained completely and the cost/time to replace the batteries this frequent will become too time consuming. All of our other cameras are near their end as well (2-4 weeks). I have yet to make a purchase of rechargeable batteries in hopes of a better solution. At this point the quality of arlo is a reflection of my performance. Anyone have suggestions?
2 REPLIES 2
ICC2
Guide
Guide

I've got arlo cameras and am currently on my 6th month of life from my batteries (arlo wireless cameras). They are at my second home.

Battery life will depend on how many times the camera is active.

If you  have placed cameras in a busy hallway, the batteries won't last long.

If you have placed cameras looking at a busy street, the batteries won't last long.

If you monitor the cameras live for several minutes each day the batteries won't last long.

To extend battery life try the following:

Adjust the sensitivity of the cameras (I had a lot of videos of insects until I adjusted the sensitivity).

Try switching the mode from armed to disarmed during operating hours (this can be done via scheduling as well).

Try switching to ArloQ cameras (which are still wireless but require A/C power to operate - which will allow full use but no battery costs).

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Pwilkens wrote:
I recently purchased 8 cameras for a small non-profit healthcare center. Less then one week, three of a cameras have been drained completely and the cost/time to replace the batteries this frequent will become too time consuming. All of our other cameras are near their end as well (2-4 weeks). I have yet to make a purchase of rechargeable batteries in hopes of a better solution. At this point the quality of arlo is a reflection of my performance. Anyone have suggestions?

Depending on the usage of the cameras ( in a healthcare center ) , honestly they may not be suited for that due to the batteries have a finite life and spec usage falls around 5 mins per day....these are not record 24/7 type cameras.

With heavy usage , the batteries will last for only a short while.

As I see it you have bascally two options...

1) go with rechargeable batteries which Netgear sells; an approved set with charger.  Tests in the past have shown the heavy use favors the li-ion cells over the OEM primary cells.... tho they will have to still be changed out on a regular basis

2) see if you can return/recoup your costs on the cameras and go over to either the PRO cameras or the Q camera ans both of these can run on ac power all the time... Between the two, if the mounting is inside , the Q is a better camera.

Good luck

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------