Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base wont stay connected to router .. vmb3000

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jdavy
Follower
Follower

It has re-connected in the past with a reboot, but no longer will.  

5 REPLIES 5
Stardog
Aspirant
Aspirant

Howdy I have the same problem the netgear never stays connected for more than 2 1/2 days. I have tried with 1 then 2 then 3 then  4 then 5 cameras. I have bought 2 systems that are wireless but both netgear system fail to work. At this point I see it as a waste of 800$. Anybody out there have any suggestions.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
First, what are the LEDs on your bases showing? Without knowing that, we can't really even start.

While it's certainly possible that it's faulty hardware, it may also be what you're doing or how you're try to set things up. Give details as to what you've tried, what you see, etc.
SpyDude
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base unit on original Arlo two camera system keeps falling offline. It has crashed approximately twice a day since I have had it. Returned it for exact same system, received exact same problem. If it is unable to stay connected when I am at home, how am I able to trust it if/when I go on vacation and need it? I certainly don't see myself coming home from another state every twelve hours just to reset the base unit. Is there a way for the base to reboot itself without someone physically being there to disconnect/reconnect it?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This would imply an issue in your house or with your Internet connection. WHen offline, what are the LEDs on the base showing? If any are amber, you have an issue.  If all looks good, bring your cameras closer to the base temporarily to see if they remain connected since it could be distance, blockage or interference with the WiFi connection to the base that's the issue.

SpyDude
Aspirant
Aspirant
The lights were green, amber, green this morning when I wrote the post. On the previous unit, they were either the same as above or one single amber. The internet (dish network) has only gone down for a minute or two since the dish was installed.

Over a three day period, the first Arlo system I purchased crashed seven times. The longest it managed to stay online was twelve hours - the other times were closer to eight or less.

I reset the system at 3:30am - it was still online when I left for work this morning. I will see if it remained online when I get home.