Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
gbcb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looks like an auto firmware update occured this month. Now camera won't connect. Yellow blinking light. Tried dropping camera, took batteries out, tried adding camera back etc. Base was seeing all 4 cameras. Very frustrating...may be time to try Ring.

6 REPLIES 6
manfredz
Hero
Hero

have you tried turning off base station, waiting a couple min, then turning base station off again?

btw, you;re right, there was a firmware update on weekend or beginning of week.

gbcb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes..I've turned it off, then tried unpluging it, then deleted one of the 4 cameras and then added it back. Nothing seems to work. Haven't tried standing on my head yet. Is there a way to reinstall the update?

Thanks

manfredz
Hero
Hero

after you plug it back in, then or overnight it should update if not up to date. 

going into settings/base/device info should show 1.9.0.0.14639 if you have latest

gbcb
Aspirant
Aspirant

It has the latest update but is there a way to reinstall it manually? Don't know if this is the issues but sometimes updates load with errors.

Thanks

gbcb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a way to talk to anyone from Netgear about this issue? I'm afraid that the base unit is such an old model there may be some incompatibility issues with the update because it was working fine before the update.

Thanks

manfredz
Hero
Hero

I think all the non-Pro base stations are same model.

At bottom of each forum page is a button Contact Support which will lead you to various ways to contact support