Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
nate1609
Apprentice
Apprentice

My arlo system was working perfectly up till this morning, when all of a sudden the netgear receiver decided it wasn't going to connect to the internet. I have tried absolutely everything that is in the forums. And its still doing it. I even went out and bought a new base station just now, and it does exactly the same thing, will not connect to the internet.

This is an absolute joke. Its not my end, so what is happening on netgears end? My internet connection is working well, all my other computers and tvs in the house connect to the internet just fine, i have tried different cables, i have tried resetting, i even deactivated the base station to try that, but of course, now i can't reactivate it cause it won't see the internet.

Fix this problem, its a joke

46 REPLIES 46
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Contact netgear and place in a trouble ticket... they can read your logs which can help you solve your problem

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
nate1609
Apprentice
Apprentice

Have alrady done that, and to say the least, their service is not that great

msilverman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue. Seems to be firmware update 1.10.1.684_9712 which occurred on 7/15/15.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

msilverman wrote:

Having the same issue. Seems to be firmware update 1.10.1.684_9712 which occurred on 7/15/15.

Thats not the FW update..... (  prob its the browser version )

for the BASE it is located at SETTINGS/BASE STATION SETTINGS and is currently 1.4.2695 and is full release as of last week

Morse is faster than texting!
msilverman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.  My basesation setting is empty. Either way, it seems a lot of us are reporting the same problem.

nate1609
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes.... and it doesn't seem like it will be fixed anytime soon..... which is absolutely pathetic. You think they would be jumping on this major issue considering how many people are having the problem, but i haven't seen any action as of yet at all!

manilaBoy
Guide
Guide

HI Guys

i took my base station into JB HIFI and they replaced my Base station, THANK YOU JB HIFI, far better support than from NETGEAR.

Guess what still the same problem, and there website will not even recognize the new Base station, and i have tried a full new system set-up.

The problem is at there end, its a system problem, maybe because of micosoft did security updates and it has stuffed there system up.

so all we can do is wait until they get there end fixed, i will give them 2 weeks, if not fixed by them i will be going back to JB HIFI for a full refund and put in hard wired cameras.

i lke to THANK JB hi-fi for replacing my Base station even though i did not have the boxes.

nate1609
Apprentice
Apprentice

Totally agree its on there end. Just wish somebody would communicate with the multitude of users that are having this problem, instead of everyone being in the dark.

I contacted fair trading today, and they told me if the product does not do as advertised, we all have a right to a full refund. So i will be giving them a week, seeming support hasn't contacted me at all, and nobody seems to be monitoring the forums..... its a tad pathetic

manilaBoy
Guide
Guide

Someone in Netgear has stuffed up big time, and Maybe cannot find a solution to the problem, so they are keeping quite because they DON'T have the right answers, we should all get a FREE camera for this big stuff up once fixed!!!!!!

msilverman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Firefox:

"Your base station is not connected to the Internet. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to your router."

Safari: Works fine

Android App: Working fine

Issue now seems to be browser related for me.

Rfallona
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for that browser comment. It seems like Firefox has problem, but Internet Explorer is working. Strange.Man Happy

CalicoSalsa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Count another who lost Arlo internet connection.  Tried resetting base, re-syncing cameras.  

On my iMac browser connection to Arlo site, getting this message "Your base station is not connected to the Internet. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to your router." at the Camera screen.  Except not always, when I first sync a camera they all show up, but then it changes.  

Mode shows base station offline. 

Settings / Base station settings shows the base station serial number and the list of cameras shows the right numbers but all offline.

On my iPad Arlo app, same message "Your base staation is not connected to the Internet. Please..." 

BUT - if I go to Library, there are all the videos, including ones taken now while Arlo thinks it is offline.  Intermittent videos, probably matching when the cameras show active after a sync.  So Arlo *is* making a connection, but thinks it is not, or else loses the connection.

Hope that helps Netgear fix this.

CalicoSalsa
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK my cameras are definitely working as I'm getting email alerts.  But both the app and browser still say my base station is offline.  Therefore I can't change modes.  

Those of you reporting similar problem - check your Library, are you seeing video?

I'm on hold with Netgear, listening to maaany messages about what to check for other Netgear gear.  My purchase still in 90 day window, so support should be free, if I can get to them.

Rfallona
Tutor
Tutor

CalicoSalsa

I was seeing the same problem as you although it was intermittent when using the FireFox browser.  I was able to view the videos even with the base station being "offline".

Try using Internet Explorer. It seems to be consistently working with that browser today.

Good Luck.

JohnR
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Everyone, 

It apepars that there are some issues with Firefox browser, althought my colleague have tested it and was able to get it to work. You may also want to follow this thread for the firefox issue. On the other hand, I'll continue to monitor this thread. 

If you have questions, I will be happy to get the answers for you. 

Thanks, 

JohnR

Arlo Team

Thanks,

JohnR
Netgear Community Team
CalicoSalsa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Rfallona, I am Mac so I don't use IE.  But my iPad app works - sort of - I was able to see Mode, and my Rules were all back to default, no Modes, all gone.  Was able to change some of the Rule settings for 2 cameras but not the third.  

On Chat mode with Netgear, and tried Safari, it is working.

Rfallona
Tutor
Tutor

So it looks like IE for Windows and Safari for Mac is a good workaround for now. Yay!

MattA82
Aspirant
Aspirant

Add me to the list.  Lost connection 07/15, contacted Arlo support and they have blamed fault on my ISP and advised they are working on a fix. Stil nothing.

Not happy at how long it is taking them to fix.  If its still broke this time next week you have lost me Netgear.

Canadian1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im having the same issues still, was away on vacation. Just got home and realized that it hasnt been working, not sure if it was all week. I cant seem to get it back "online", all 3 lights on the base station are green (after restarting), im on a mac, tried firefox and safari but no luck. There is a restart option for the base station on the phone but its greyed out. Not sure what to do, I dont want to deactivate it in case i cant reactivate it after...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Canadian1,

Are you getting any error messages on the phone app when trying to view a live stream?  If you have all green lights on your base station that means you're connected to the internet and the cameras are synced up.  It could be browser related if it is working on the app but not on your mac.  Consider clearing your browser cache and make sure Flash Player is enabled and up to date.  Here are some tips for troubleshooting an offline base station, I would recommend a factory reset as a last option.

Let me know if this helps,

JamesC

Canadian1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

I tried all that and it didnt make a difference. In the end i decided to delete the base station and hope it could be added back in. That worked like a charm, not sure what caused it (system has beed running perfect since i purchased it), perhaps it was a power failure while i was away. So if anyone else has the same issue that is a quick and easy option for them, worked for me. Thanks for your feedback.

C1

artrix
Guide
Guide

Same issues.  Please FIX it Netgear.  Thinking of taking it all back. and looking around for something else.  I have enjoyed it so far, but if it won't wotk anylonger, what choice do we have?   

artrix
Guide
Guide

This morning all cameras were back up.  Looks like problem has been fixed.   Thank you!  

ChavezSA
Tutor
Tutor

I've got the same issue.

Base station has been working 'fine' for the past 3 months with 5 cameras. Since yesterday I'm now not able to connect to it via my iPad or Android phone - says base station is offline yet I'm seeing recordings in my library for the period it's been 'off line'. Internet light on base is green - Internet connection is fine as I'm watching YouTube and browsing with no issues.

I must admit that while I find it an extremely convenient (wireless) and well rounded product I'm considering returning everything. There's constant niggly issues which are now starting to annoy me; From the slow 'sign in' time to the even slower camera "start streaming" time - if you're lucky enough to get a camera to stream after multiple attempts on wifi or 4G. The Mrs is also driving me nuts constantly complaining about it not working or very slow to start streaming - I have 100Mbit cable broadband. I have an additional two Foscam IP cameras which are 3 years old and they just work every time and are super fast to connect. 

Will give it it another month and then probably going to pull the plug on this product...a real pity as it has potential, just buggy as hell!