Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

galevelasco
Aspirant
Aspirant

I restarted it because one of the cameras would not connect. The base station shows a solid amber light. I reset my router and Arlo multiple times. Any more ideas why it won't connect? Thanks

429 REPLIES 429
milazzomj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hard reset did not work.  Deleting all the cameras did not work.  Base just stopped working for no reason.  

milazzomj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I haven't called the help number yet.  I was hoping to be able to resolve it myself.  This system is a replacement for my NetVue which was deactivated by Netgear.  It's past 3 months old and I'm not paying to fix a hardware issue.  I have 3 solid green lights on my base and it still keeps telling me I'm offline.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There was an issue that a small number of users were experiencing yesterday that resulted in a similar behavior. Engineering has since resolved the issue, are you still experiencing this today?

JamesC

christinall
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base will not connect to the internet. I have tried to reset with and without holding the sync button, disconnecting, reconnecting---nothing seems to work.

Christina

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What is showing on the base LEDs?  To be clear, the rest process is to hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Once the base has been reset, it will reinitialize and should show both the power and Internet LEDs green (if the base is connected to the router through the Ethernet cable).

Ben600249
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine is not working again saying no Internet yet I've got perfect Internet help me please
Ben600249
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have tried every everything I've got three yellow lights on I restarted it and nothing is working please help me
Ben600249
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please help me I've tried everything restarted turn the batteries but nothing
Ben600249
Aspirant
Aspirant

christinall
Aspirant
Aspirant
Solid amber light (Power) only. It has been reset numerous times., disconnected and reconnected to the router, turned off and on.

Christina
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

An amber power LED after a couple of minutes from a fresh boot is a hardware problem. Open a case with support.

banking
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same problem TWICE, log into your Arlo back office and
(1) Turn off all the Cameras
(2) Remove all the Cameras
(3) Remove the Base Station
(4) Add the Base Station again
(5) Sync All your Cameras again.

It sucks, but it works.

charlesd
Aspirant
Aspirant

The pressed the sync and reset button but the internet is green but constantly blinking

banking
Aspirant
Aspirant

Make sure the in your modem setup that the bridge is enabled. Also, check the setting in your router. Follow the Arlo setup instructions exactly, I always recommend reading the setup instructions the 1st time without doing anything and begin setup the 2nd time reading the instructions.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A reset is performed by pressing only the reset button.  The use of also pressing the sync button hasn't been used for a couple of years now.

Boldknight
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too am have the same exact issue.  I have done all the things mentioned in this group, still no connection.  Tried reset, tried new cable, tried new Internet port on Router, ZERO!   I can see the Netgear78 show up on my Mac Network listings, but it has a lock on it and no passord will work either.  Probabaly because it doesnt connect.?  Is this a Comcast Modem issue?  In have the latest modem.  

I hot this off HSN am am ready to rebox it back up and send it back.  What is supposed to be an easy setup is an absolute nightmare!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have a modem/router or a modem and a router?  That may make a difference. 

First, the power and Internet LEDs have to be green or it's not going to work. If the Internet LED is green, the base has connection to the servers and things should work.  You can't log into the base in any way since that would be a huge security hole. What are you using to try to set up the system - mobile device or computer with a browser? If a mobile device, be sure you're using your home WiFi.  Sometimes it's just easier to use a computer.

Boldknight
Aspirant
Aspirant

Serial #48947276A3D43

I know how to connect to a Router!!!!!

I know about the green lights, etc.  The power is GREEN   The Internet is black.  The Plus into the Roughter is blinking orange and thats it.  It will NOT Connect!!  I have tried all 3 port, pus five more on external routers...ZERO!   I am on a computer and still it will not connect!   How can anyone evr put out a product that says "Easy Install" when you have to be an Internet WIFI Engineer to hook it up?   I am beginning to think your system will not work with the Comcast Router system. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Boldknight,

If the internet LED is unlit, this indicates the base station isn't communicating at all with the router. If you've already tried a new ethernet cable and a different router port, this could mean there is a hardware issue with the base station.

JamesC

dtemisanren
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo cameras and base station lost connectivity. Tried reboot, factory reset, different cables, etc. , and nothing worked.  The internet light completely out. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the Internet LED is off, there are 3 possibilities:

1) Bad port on the base

2) Bad port on the router

3) Bad cable

Sounds like #1. Open a case with support.

KarlK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base station shows 2 green lights but will not sync with Arlo software on Arlo website.

SN#  48C4657CA0186

KarlK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base station has 2 green lights but cannot be found during 'device discovery' process at Arlo website.

SN#  48C4657CA0186

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What device are you using to try to discover the base? Are you on the same network? Is this a brand new base?

Aussiecatwoman
Aspirant
Aspirant
3 green lights on base station but app tells me i have no internet connection.