Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station offline. Getting "Your base station is not connected to the internet

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
lldill56
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo Base Station with 3 cameras and an Arlo Pro Base Station with 2 cameras. All are on the same home network. Arlo is connected to a WiFi extender and cameras have good wifi connection and batteries are full.  Almost everytime I want to arm the system when I leave home using my iphone6, the Arlo Pro comes on within 2-5 seconds but the Arlo base station 90% of the time says Base station offline. "Your base station is not connected to the internet. It may connect minutes later then it may not. There is no rhyme or reason. I have rebooted, reinstalled, also reinstalled the phone app a couple of times. This is becoming an issue!

Unhappy,

Lisa

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Try plugging the base into the router directly instead of the range extender to see if it's the range extender that's causing the problem. Can you connect your phone to the wifi of the range extender and see what speedtest.net speeds you're getting?

lldill56
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have yet to try switching from the wifi extender but I did check the speeds, the router and extender are nearly identical. If connecting directly to the router doesn't help I don't know what else to do except to put all 5 cameras on the Arlo Pro base, that may be a challenge because all of the cameras may not get a good signal.