Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station VMB3010r2 is offline while the leds for power supply and Internet connection are green.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
stbest
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have used a combination of VMB3010 base station (Firmware 1.19.0.3_1305_68a8e53) and H7 (Firmware 1.5.295) cameras for three year without significant problems. Several days ago I could not access the videostream for the first time as the base station and two cameras were offline unexpectedly. A friend of mine visited the appartement and confirmed via a videocall that the two left leds (power supply and Internet connection) were green within 2 minutes after rebooting the base station. The third led (connection with cameras) blinked green sometimes. We checked the Internet connection - it was Ok. Powering the base station off and on did not help. The batteries were still in a good shape (65 and 85%) during the last online session in December. What is remarkable that nothing has changed during last months of video surveillance. The same configuration functioned well since February and it went offline just by the end of 2022. I could not find any clear explanation for this issue neither in the manual, nor in the discussions. Thus, I submitted a ticket to support. While I am waiting for an answer, I have an impression that the problem might be due a certain hardware update or at Arlo's website / in the Arlo Secure app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stbest
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. Indeed, your advise corresponds to the one I received from Arlo's support yesterday. They proposed to power off the base station and disconnect the Ethernet cable. We did it, but nothing changed. The next step was resetting the base station and synchronisation of camera's again. After reading some other hints in the community, I also removed all installed devices from my.arlo.com. After resetting, the base station was quicky identified. Then I syncronized the cameras and everything worked as before the issue. The only strange thing was the fact that the battery status in one of cameras remained unchanged (85%, Varta batteries), while the status in the other camera became much lower (decreased from 65 to 5%, Duracell). We had to refresh the batteries in the latter camera then.Arlo_solved.JPG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Did your friend try removing/reinserting the batteries in the cameras?

stbest
Aspirant
Aspirant

He has not tried this yet as not only cameras but also the powered based station were shown offline at my.arlo.com. In the past, after power cuts one of the cameras became offline while base station remained online. In this case a remotre reboot of the base station could help or the camera connected on its own within a few hours. But now everything is offilne for more than a week, according to my.arlo.com: 

stbest_0-1672741873482.png

stbest
Aspirant
Aspirant

The router is online en it shows there is connection to the Internet. The base station is connected to the router. No issues were found.

Router_status.JPGBase_Station_status_via_router.JPG

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@stbest wrote:

He has not tried this yet as not only cameras but also the powered based station were shown offline at my.arlo.com.

Then it doesn't make sense to remove/reinsert the camera batteries.

He could try a reset of the base, and then re-add the base and the cameras.

Note that some other folks here have run into similar symptoms recently, and had some difficulty re-adding the base+cameras.

stbest
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. Indeed, your advise corresponds to the one I received from Arlo's support yesterday. They proposed to power off the base station and disconnect the Ethernet cable. We did it, but nothing changed. The next step was resetting the base station and synchronisation of camera's again. After reading some other hints in the community, I also removed all installed devices from my.arlo.com. After resetting, the base station was quicky identified. Then I syncronized the cameras and everything worked as before the issue. The only strange thing was the fact that the battery status in one of cameras remained unchanged (85%, Varta batteries), while the status in the other camera became much lower (decreased from 65 to 5%, Duracell). We had to refresh the batteries in the latter camera then.Arlo_solved.JPG