Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station VMB3000 connected to router but not the internet

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mblanco480
Aspirant
Aspirant

i just bought this from sams club, followed setup instructions then troubleshooting instructions including reading online threads about this same issue, pages of threads about this... would like to know there is a way a laymen can figure this out before i decide to return this. was stoked to have a video security system that was wireless for a great price

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon @Mblanco480@FortFannin,

As you may have seen, we have posted an update that this issue should now be resolved. However, if you are still experiencing any issues related to the Base Station offline issue please feel free to reach out to me via private message and I'll be happy to continue troubleshooting this issue until it is resolved.  

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused.

Best Regards,

Christine

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
FortFannin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm in the same predicament. I spent a couple hours reading different threads and stayed on hold for tech support for over 45 minutes (gave up on phone support when estimated time stayed at 30-45 minutes the entire time I was on hold). I would like to know what the solution is as well.

Mblanco480
Aspirant
Aspirant
My brother in law bought the same system and has the same issues. Its sad that this is such a widespread issue yet has not been widely addressed. It seems like they know its likely going to happen. In the manual it even says to make sure the two lights are green if not then go to support...
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon @Mblanco480@FortFannin,

As you may have seen, we have posted an update that this issue should now be resolved. However, if you are still experiencing any issues related to the Base Station offline issue please feel free to reach out to me via private message and I'll be happy to continue troubleshooting this issue until it is resolved.  

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused.

Best Regards,

Christine

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Mblanco480
Aspirant
Aspirant
Actually this was not the solution. You clearly did not read my post. My issue was not that I lost service, it was that my base station would not connect to the internet whatsoever! I would get one green light on then for power but only amber for internet connection. After several hours of research and fidiling with my router settings and port forwarding, I gave up as I yielded not successful results. I left the base station on because one post had mentioned that he left his alone for hours then it finally connected. I luckily had the same result, after leaving it on for hours it finally connected. My brother-in-law was able to figure out another method.

I experienced the connectivity issue to the Arli servers once I was finally connected to the internet via the base station. This was very disheartening but the next day all was good.

All in all my issue at thr moment is resolved due to my own research and luck. However I fear the issue will return if I must reset my router or lose power. The Arlo/Netgear team really needs to resolve this as it was clearly the most searched issue with this system on Google and almost led to me returning it all.