Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station , Sync light not coming on

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Curveball2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had this unit with two outdoor cameras set up long ago but stopped using it out of frustration with significant delay in motion-detection, no matter how I aimed and adjusted. 

HW Version VMB3010R2

FIRMWARE: 1.12.0.0_27099

Today replaced batteries and began anew. Got the two outdoor cameras working. Then saw in device settings somewhere that there was an option for "Spycam." I clicked it on before finding out what it meant. I searched ARLO site and on the web and found nothing. That's odd. So I wanted to click out of it and get back to just the two cameras listed as devices. Only option for "Spycam" was to remove device. Ouch. I did. Turns out the device I removed was my two cameras. They no longer are recognized by the base. I reset the base, then set out to re-introduce the cameras. Every time I get to the point where I'm to press on the button under the camera icon on the base it will not light up green. So I can't sync the cameras. 

Please advise. 

6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yep. You must have named your camera Spycam
Are the power and internet LEDs on the base station green?

When you press the sync button on the base station, does anything happen to the LEDs?

Curveball2
Aspirant
Aspirant

The power and internet buttons are lit green. Just now when I pressed the sync button and at the same time the internet flicker on and off a couple of times, but.......that flicker might have been on its own and just happened at the same instant I pressed the sync button. I think the latter is more likely. Because occasionally the internet light flickers a couple or three times when I don't touch anything. 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yep. Don't worry about the internet light flickering.
So, pressing the sync button on the base station doesn't cause the camera LED to blink green?

Curveball2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm assuming the sync button on the base station is the the one that has an icon image of the camera. When I press it, it does not blink or otherwise light up green. 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

No. It's the button on the side of the flat original base station or the button on the top of the Pro or Pro 2 base station. Press this button and the camera LED should start blinking green. Then hit the sync button on your camera to have a blue LED blink slowly on the front. The camera blue LED will blink fast to show it's sync'd

Curveball2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got it. Done. Works. Thanks.