Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Rb1rd1
Guide
Guide
I cannot get my arlo base station to connect to Internet. I'venplugged, changed ports, checked cable, and my Internet light doesn't come on and the base unit wont connect to the Internet. We had a power outage and after that I have not been able to get it to connect. I have only had the unit for 6 months, but it's been not working for a month. It's at my cabin 3 hours away and I made special trip to try to troubleshoot. I've looked at everything in the forums and followed the instructions but no luck. I sent email to support but don't know how long they take to answer. I also had a camera refuse to synch after the Sept update because the battery was low at the time. I never could get it operating
6 REPLIES 6
Mandyhipkins
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm also have the same problem . Had a power cut . Which. Broke the broadband router . Had that replace now the Arlo base won't connect my broadband router is telling me the port is not fast enough to connect the device . The base station won't factory reset either all lights are green and stay green . There is obviously are hardwhere software issue had the set 3 months .  So I'm going to return whole set for a refund £379

Rb1rd1
Guide
Guide
I can't return because it's been too long. I'm very disappointed that there are so many issues with this unit. My only hope is that NETGEAR will replace my base unit
Rb1rd1
Guide
Guide
I can't return because it's been too long. I'm very disappointed that there are so many issues with this unit. My only hope is that NETGEAR will replace my base unit. My Internet light won't even come on but the power light shows green.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The warranty is for a year. Open a case with support.
Mandyhipkins
Aspirant
Aspirant
If you only had it 6 months you can return it . I'm not going to open a support ticket as netgear are useless the longer it's delayed the longer I don't have protection . . I'll look at other brands as this clearly seems to be a major problem .most question asked are my base station won't connect and all seem to be from power cuts
Rb1rd1
Guide
Guide
I dont live at the location where the cameras are (it's my mountain cabin). So I will have to wait to do anything further until my next trip there in a few weeks. This seriously disturbs me when I found out that a tree crew had cut down trees and made a mess on our property but because the cameras weren't working we didn't know about it.