Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi All,

I've been having trouble with my Arlo system for a few days & have tried a few things to troubleshoot but nothing has worked.  I fooled around with the ethernet connection a bit because at first I was seeing an internet connection error.  That's fine, but I only see 2 green lights (the 2 on the far left) and my app says that my "Arlo device appears offline. Please make sure it's powered and connected to the internet."  

It is powered and is connected...  

I'm asking for help now because it's after midnight & I'm hearing noises outside the house & the motion lights have all been activated & I'm concerned my abusive husband (who my children & I have Orders of Protection against) might be planning to follow through with more of his threats.  The neighbors have said they've seen him outside through the night--a clear violation of our orders.

Can you help?

Thanks so much...

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The two LEDs you see are, from the left, power and Internet.  Both should be green. If the next LED isn't lit, the cameras aren't connected.  Did you sync the cameras at any point and did they show up on the Cameras tab?  Could be that they need to be resynced (go to the Settings tab and remove any cameras you see in My Devices and then resync them).  Could also be that the batteries are dead - try a new set.

If you have issues getting this to work and your above scenario happens again, call 911 immediately and explain the OOP. Don't rely on anything - get help on the way!

Sköldberg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having exactly the same problem. It all worked fine four 3 days.  Are there any available solutions ?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There apparently was a server issue this morning. I just tried and it worked for me. See if it's fixed for you now.

Sköldberg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still the same problem, two light on (Power and network) Called the Internet provider. They confirmed that the device had a connection to Internet.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Two LEDs on is a problem.  If the Internet LED is green, you're connected to the servers but no camera LED will be your problem, not the Internet connection.  Power cycle the base to see if that helps.  If not, you may need to resync the cameras pressing the base sync button briefly (<1 second).