Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station will not connect to the internet

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Rooo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased the Arlo system, worked great right out of box for a whole 2 days. Now I cannot seem to connect base to Internet. Tried everything that was suggested in these forums. So disappointing because it is great when it works. Any other new suggestions before I head to Best Buy for a refund?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

Couple of thoughts, have you tried rebooting your internet router? I've never seen an internet/wi-fi router that didnt need to be rebooted once in awhile. Usally fixes most problems.

Does your Arlo Base have the 3 green lights lite? If not which one's are'nt on.

Have you double checked that the Ethernet cable is plug in all the way on both ends?

Could the on/off switch on the back of the base been turned off by mistake?

Is the base getting power? On my first day I accidently turned off my power strip. Took me a few minutes to figure it out.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

Couple of thoughts, have you tried rebooting your internet router? I've never seen an internet/wi-fi router that didnt need to be rebooted once in awhile. Usally fixes most problems.

Does your Arlo Base have the 3 green lights lite? If not which one's are'nt on.

Have you double checked that the Ethernet cable is plug in all the way on both ends?

Could the on/off switch on the back of the base been turned off by mistake?

Is the base getting power? On my first day I accidently turned off my power strip. Took me a few minutes to figure it out.

Rooo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you Drake3287....I guess I tried everything BUT that! Everything else on my network was working, so I didn't even think about the router. It seems to have fixed the problem. Thank you!
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

Wish it was always that easy!