Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station says "Getting Information" and can't connect cameras. Try changing router channel?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
raffsta32
Aspirant
Aspirant

just talked to a support person and i had an extremely hard time finding any information about this, as I could not connect any cameras or my base station after my move to a new house/new router.    Well they recommended that I go into my router settings through my internet provider or your personal router settings and change the router channel to 1,6, or 11. I changed it to 11 and it worked and I connected all my cameras. Hope this helps

3 REPLIES 3
Lee00336
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is the problem that I'm having since going to the "new" app.  I wish I would have just kept the Arlo Legacy App.  Did not have any problems.  I am really upset about this.  I'm not a technical person so I don't know anything about changing channels on a router which belongs to my Internet provider.

raffsta32
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you have a cable provider like xfinity or spectrum for instance you can just google " how to change my wifi channel or even how to change my wifi name"   this should bring you to a page where you can locate your router and log into it and change the settings, wifi password, wifi name and wifi channel. If you own the router its even easier because you can just google the model and get logged in from there. The information should be on the bottom of the router. Hope this helps, when in doubt, YouTube it they have instructional videos for everything. 

Lee00336
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's Mediacom & I have problems anyway with my WiFi?internet constantly going out, but that's a different story.  I'm afraid if I start messing with the channels, I won't have anything in the house at all.  But thanks for helping.  This might be the end of the line for my Arlo cameras.