Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station doesn't connect to app, but does sync to cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
gprosser
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have a system VMS3230 (not given as an option in subject)  purchased in 2018, it worked perfectly for months.  Then about a year ago the batteries died, and I got a new router and I just left the cameras offline until now.  New batteries, new app, Netgear base connected to internet and all flashing lights meant to be green are on.  Have reset, rebooted, turned off/on, unplugged the base a number of times.  The base has synced up with cameras but nothing will match up with my phone app, ipad app or my macbook online.  I can even hear the little click of the cameras engaging

what happened?  thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using my.arlo.com?  OR the older netgear URL?

Also, if you haven't used the app over the past year or so, you will need to uninstall the netgear one, and then reinstall the arlo one.

gprosser
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Yep - proper web address and proper, up to date app.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@gprosser wrote:

Yep - proper web address and proper, up to date app.

Ok. I was wondering, since you mentioned Netgear in your first post, and Arlo split off from Netgear quite a while ago now.  Though the base will of course still have Netgear on the labeling.

Was your system originally on a different account?  You'd need to remove the base and the cameras from that old account before you can add them back to a new one.