Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station and 3 cameras went offline but came back on but will not record motion/record.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
arleywood123147
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station and 3 cameras worked fine for several months. One day everything showed as offline. I finally got the base station online and the 3 cameras online. The cameras show live feeds if I click on them but will not record motion and will not add recordings to the library. Also, I gave two people access to my system but everything still shows as offline to both of them.

HELP. I have tried everything including starting completely over.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

For the two cameras that are not detecting motion or recording, try removing the battery from the camera and re-insert them in a minute later and see if that works.

If that doesn't work, try to test the motion detection test to see if your camera detects motion, which you can read here on how to use the test: How do I use the motion detection test for my Arlo device?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi arleywood123147,

Try testing by using the default "Armed" mode to see if you're getting any motion detection notifications or recordings coming through.

For the LED lights on your Base Station, are you seeing all of them showing green LEDs?

arleywood123147
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, JessicaP

All three lights on the base station are green. Mode is “armed”

One of the three cameras started sending notifications and added to the library, but the other two are still not notifying or recording. They will show a live feed if Iclick on them on my smart phone.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

For the two cameras that are not detecting motion or recording, try removing the battery from the camera and re-insert them in a minute later and see if that works.

If that doesn't work, try to test the motion detection test to see if your camera detects motion, which you can read here on how to use the test: How do I use the motion detection test for my Arlo device?

arleywood123147
Aspirant
Aspirant

Jessicap

Thanks a lot for the tips. I removed the batteries, waited a little while, put them back in and they are both now recording movement. Appreciate your help.