Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station & Wifi Extender

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
SwiftyRox
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello All....Need a little assistance here before contacting support

1) I added a 2nd base station tonight to improve camera connection

2) I connected that 2nd base station to a Wifi Extender (Ethernet Port)

Here are my issues.

1) Only one LED light is green on the base station - Power LED Only (No Internet LED or Camera Connected LED)

2) Arlo website is seeing base station, and displaying camera output (Device Online)

3) In regard to #2....When I open the app, the same camera is showing "offline"

4) Camera is still capturing activity, a logging a video despite showing "online" in the app...

Does it sound like I might have a faulty base station? Has anyone else had the same LED issues? Has anyone had the same inconsistency with the website reflecting something different than the app? 

Any input is greatly appreciated!! Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SwiftyRox
Apprentice
Apprentice

We can consider this one solved!!

1) Secondary Base Station Connected
2) Have Power, Internet, and Camera LED's showing "Green"
3) Selected cameras are now removed from Primary and paired with Secondary
4) Settings & Schedules are set for both Base Stations

Programmed as I need it and working perfectly!! 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

The 2nd base station needs to have the internet LED on.

Your functioning but offline camera comes from syncing your camera to the second base without first removing it from the first base via the app or browser

SwiftyRox
Apprentice
Apprentice

Luckily I have another base station I can attach to the system and see if it responds better...

How do I go about correcting the online/offline camera ....

On the online website, everything appeared to be fine.....but the app was acting wonky. 

Looking at the primary base station, the one camera is not being reflected....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It seems to vary according to the app and installation but I find using a browser works better for me currently. Not everyone has the issue but I've had to resort to this for a while now.

SwiftyRox
Apprentice
Apprentice

So I tried the 2nd base station...I was able to get a green power light, and the green light came on for the Internet connection...however it just kept flashing "green" every 10 seconds or so...I tried to add the device to the configuration, and it said the unit could not be detected.

My guess is that that both of the spare base units I have are faulty in some way....One doesn't like to have the LED lights on, and is causing conflict between the browser and app.

The other one seems as though the LAN mechanism on the base unit is faulty. Now it's a bit more evident as to why I found them so cheap. I picked up 8 cameras and 2 base stations for $150....7 of the 8 cameras work great, but one had a "pink" hue when on....and I'm now seeing both base stations appear to be bad...My guess? The base units took a power strike of some kind and did damage.....Oh well...7 cameras for $150 isn't bad! 🙂 

SwiftyRox
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hold that thought!! I just did a factory reset on the 2nd base station, and now it is being recognized...

Going to start this process all over again once support...keeping in mind to remove the current devices from the primary base station first!! 🙂 I'll update once it's all set up.. 🙂 

SwiftyRox
Apprentice
Apprentice

We can consider this one solved!!

1) Secondary Base Station Connected
2) Have Power, Internet, and Camera LED's showing "Green"
3) Selected cameras are now removed from Primary and paired with Secondary
4) Settings & Schedules are set for both Base Stations

Programmed as I need it and working perfectly!! 🙂