Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station Intermittently going offline

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ian_vincent
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have recently acquired an Arlo base station and camera.  The set up went according to plan and in less thatn an hour the camera was up and running but this morning, the Base Station went off line for no apparent reason.  The cemtral green light suddenly turned amber.

The first time it happened I just turned the base station off and on again and it reset itself then maybe an hour later it went amber again but this time it reconnected itself automatically.

What could be the cause of this and how can I remedy it?  Obviously, I don't want it going offline when I am not at home and am unable to reboot the base station.

Rgds Ian

PS I have checked the cable connecting the base station to the router and it is good.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Compare the firmware versions found for each device in Settings, My Devices against what's posted in the Release Notes section here.

It might be worth resetting the system by removing all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras. Again, check firmware versions.

ian_vincent
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have checked the firmware for both the camera and the base station and both are the latest releases.

Rgds Ian

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ian_vincent,

This could have occurred due to an ISP outage. Did any other device on your network have an internet connection at the time?

JamesC