Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
kaizen099
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, ever since moving my Arlo cameras near my base station they have been working perfectly. The only new issue that has occurred is that once the batteries reach about 10-15% the base station goes offline. I then proceeded to power cycle the base station and everything worked fine, today subsequently the base station went back offline. (I already ordered new batteries)

Will the base station go offline if all the Arlo camera batteries are almost depleted? Also, prior to the base station going offline the battery meter on all cameras displayed a good level. I found out the batteries were low due to the base station going offline, power cycling the base station, and then cameras came back online with low battery status. Thank you for your time.

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Never have seen the base station offline due to batteries low....

Usu, it's the camera that goes offline but not the base.

So is it really the base ?  What are the LED(S) on the base showing when this happens...?

In settings, can you still access the base itself ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
kaizen099
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, yes that is what I figured as well. When I first encountered the situation I went to the base station and all the correct green LEDs were lit. The power button, the Internet and the Camera link button were green, but it still stated that the base station was offline. I have the base station connected via a wifi extender, but if the green internet light is illuminated it is connected to the internet.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try force closing the app and re-open it.

MissMarple
Guide
Guide

I have exactly the same problem:
My arlo base station VMB3010r2 repeatedly went offline if one or more of the cameras went low on the batteries. A power cycle helped to reset the problem followed by the push notification about the low battery. All three LED on the base where lit before I did the power cycle.
I usually check the status of the batteries before I leave for some days. In no case I had a low battery indication before these occurrences.
Obviously this sucks because I cannot cycle the power of the station if I'm not at home!
Looks very much like a systematic software bug. When will it be cured?

kaizen099
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I purchased a remotely controlled power outlet that I can reset the power remotely from my iPhone. So when this happens I power down the Arlo base station from my iPhone and usually almost always everything comes back online. The one remote power outlet adapter I bought was a Kasa outlet.
MissMarple
Guide
Guide

Thanks this may work around the problem. But I did not by expensive arlo gear in order to buy additional stuff to work around problems which arlo should fix....😒