Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station Can't Connect to Internet During Initial Setup

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
SCORPIONSTARE
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a brand new VMB3000. I attempted to set it up by following the instructions. I have a solid amber internet light.

I have done everything available in the help and community:

• Verified basic internet connectivity through other devices
  • Swapped ethernet cables
  • Plugged directly into Airport (vs through a switch)
  • Verified outbound 80, 443, and 123 -- using an Airport Extreme, they don't block outbound ports
  • DHCP reservation for the MAC of the VMB3000 -- does respond to a ping on that address
  • Hardware reset of base station (press reset button wait for all amber lights)

Waited on hold for 45+ minutes. The automated message said to ensure inbound ports 80 and 443 -- I can't do that because they are already port mapped to my Xbox. Another forum member said that inbound port mapping is not necessary for this device since it only initiates outbound connections.

At this point I've done all the basic troubleshooting and am looking for help -- and to not be asked to go through the above over again. Considering whether to return this to Amazon.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SCORPIONSTARE
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just a follow up -- it turns out that the servers really were down. I tried plugging my base station in last night and it worked painlessly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Lyngunal
Initiate
Initiate
I have the exact same issue! Bought my Arlo Pro kit today at Costco and I cannot connect to the app.

In my research for solutions I have learned that there is a widespread issue going on with Arlo servers. I will hold on to my kit for a few days in the hopes that it gets resolved.
SCORPIONSTARE
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Lyngunal -- thank you. It would be nice if Netgear provided a network status page so that we didn't have to blunder around blindly looking for answers like this! Ok, I'll try the same. 

SCORPIONSTARE
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just a follow up -- it turns out that the servers really were down. I tried plugging my base station in last night and it worked painlessly.