Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Flicker6
Guide
Guide

I am not familar with the wireless cameras offered by Arlo as I own the Q's (no base station needed) but a co-worker purchased this 6 camera system on HSN over the weekend.  I see now they appear to be the basic Arlo cameras (not Pro or Pro 2).  I also noticed that the base station shown on TV is not like anything I have seen before.  

She has no use for all 6 cameras but is thinking she can buy a second base station and take it and three of the cameras to another house.    

Which stand alone base station should she buy?

3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@Flicker6

Arlo seems to be redesigning their base stations, but I don't know anything about them. She can purchase any base station as they all work with all the wireless models. If she wants a siren built into the base and the capability to add an external hard drive or flash drive to the base for back up storage, she should purchase the Pro version. If she doesn't need these items, then save the money and purchase the original wire free model.

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The original Arlo base is a square front and leans back a bit...

Image result for arlo base station

The Pro and Pro2 use a rounder upright unit .. if she is going to buy a seconf unit, buy a newer model as you get the usb back up and the siren....

Image result for arlo base station

All cameras will work with either base unit

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Flicker6
Guide
Guide

2018-11-27_095729.jpg

Thanks.  What confused me was the round base station packaged with the HSN offering.  Thought it might be something that only worked with the cameras purchased via HSN.  They were really pushing the "only with this offering from HSN can you monitor 6 cameras without an additional fee".   5 is usually the limit.  Good to know regardless of where cameras were purchased they will work with either of the base stations being sold.