BASE STATIOM vmb3000 will not connect to device

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rock9000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dont know why I cannot connect base station to mobile device or laptop. One time the base station was recognized but froze after requesting I set up a login name and password. Tried factory rest (rset & syn buttons pressed for 10 + seconds and the lights do not turn amber.  any help appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Reset for the past 1+ year has been just the reset button by itself. Hold that until the LEDs flash amber and try again.
rock9000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your quick reply, i actually manged to find this info and managed to reset. As I have both th power and interner lights on it would seem that my router settings are te cause of not being able to find the base on my devices... any idea how to change these settings? thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the power and Internet LEDs green?  If not, that's an issue that has to be resolved first.

Router settings can vary, particularly if the router is supplied by the ISP.  Do you own it?  If so, a quick solution would be to reset the router to stock configuration.  Be sure you know your WiFi SSID(s) and passphrases so you can quickly set that back up.  WHat router is it?

kroyster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Device is offline not connected to the internet is what my cammera say. There are no green lights just one ambe light.. Model no. VMB3000

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Is it the power LED that's Amber? If so, that's your problem. The base hasn't powered up correctly.

Power cycle the base. If that do help, remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. You must have both the power and Internet LEDs green or it won't work.

If still no good, open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here. It's a hardware problem.