Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Auto Login on the Arlo app

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
SBN01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does this have Auto Login on the app. I cant find it despite it being in the user manual.

Support says they have removed it becuase of "hacking issues"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The app automatically logs in assuming you've successfully logged in previously. There's no setting, it just does it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The app automatically logs in assuming you've successfully logged in previously. There's no setting, it just does it.

CTX1300
Aspirant
Aspirant

Using an IPhone 7 Plus, auto login can be done via fingerprint. As an update was available on 4/20/17, just not sure if this was part of update, as I am a new Arlo user.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Someone with iOS has to answer this.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As mentioned above, the app will automatically sign in if you have signed in previously. If you log out of the app (rather than minimize), you will then need to enter log in information.

JamesC

SBN01
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is not correct, at least on Android. If I access the app, then close it _what does minimize mean on a smartphone?- each time I click on the icon, it wants a fingerprint or password. How is that autologin?

CTX1300
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure about Android
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I simply use the Back arrow in the phone to background it. As long as you don't log out, which is a physical action, the app should log in automatically.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SBN01,

It sounds like you have fingerprint login enabled. You will need to disable this feature if you want to automatically sign in without a fingerprint, take a look here: How do I use Android Fingerprint to automatically log in to my Arlo app?

JamesC