Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Armed / Disarmed modes need updating to combine geofencing and schedules

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jbiggles
Aspirant
Aspirant

The geofencing for home / away arming is fantastic, but it is not able to be combined with schedules, which means that when you are asleep / in the home at night, you cannot have the system automatically arm using a schedule when you have geofencing on. This is quite frustrating - it should be a combination, not a binary choice between the two as the use case is very strong to have both geofencing (which is a great feature, by the way) and scheduling on so that the user does not have to remember to switch the system armed at night and disarmed in the morning. They should not be mutually exclusive. Please do consider this feature! 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I can't use geofencing (not everyone in the family has a smartphone), and there easily be some bugs here.  But I believe you are supposed to be able to set the "home" geofencing mode to "scheduled".  The kb article here says that: https://kb.arlo.com/1085093/How-does-Arlo-Geofencing-work-and-how-do-I-set-it-up

There is an older thread on this topic here: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Features/Geo-fencing-and-schedule/td-p/1547431

jbiggles
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI Stephen

Thanks very much for this - much appreciated. The issue I see with this (I have now turned it on) is that it appears that it limits the effects of the geofence to only when you have the schedule in place to arm, so alas it is not what I am after and the issue remains / it is a bug (I see that many others have the same issue on those threads). 

For example. I have a schedule to arm at 10pm and unarm at 6am, plus geofencing. It seems to be that the geofence function works when the schedule is in place during the night, but in the "day" window I have, the geofence function set to schedule, but it does not work, which is unfortunately missing the point. 

I would like the schedule at night and, when I leave the house during the day, I would like the geofence to arm / disarm when I come and go. Unless I am missing something? I have tried to create a "disarmed

Very much appreciate your response. Thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The away mode is set to "armed" in the geofence configuration (with the home mode set to scheduled)?