Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo wireless camera won’t sync to Base Station. Tried with 2 different routers and resetting.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
jojoswe
Initiate
Initiate

Hi.
Few days ago i bought the ”Arlo Base + 1 Camera” There were no problems to get the basestation running, (using the app) but the camera just won’t sync. I’ve tried for hours, troubleshooting, resetting the basestation etc, etc. I’ve tried 2 different routers but no success. The led’s look fine on the basestation and the blue led blinks on the camera while trying to connect but eventually it will turn it to fast blinking amber. I did follow instructions carefully and I’ve also tried without using the app.. It just won’t work..

Please help, thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The usual problem is following the directions closely (who'da thunk?). When pressing the base sync button, just BRIEFLY press it and don't hold it for 2 seconds. As long a the base Camera LED is blinking, you're good to go.

Andylo123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I found camera need to be inches away only from base to lock in.

jojoswe
Initiate
Initiate
Well I’ve made quite some more attempts. Here’s a link of how it looks and what happens 24/7.. still doesn’t work, makes me really tired..

https://youtu.be/2nqovc6f67c
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You mention that you've "reset" but not explained what that means to you. Many folks think rebooting or power cycling the base is a "reset" - it's not. A reset is holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. You also need to remove the base fom Settings, My Devices. Then you start fresh, claiming the base followed by syncing the camera(s). 

If you've done all this with no success, cut your losses and swap at the store - something is defective.