Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo wireless camera has pink hue

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
althold
Follower
Follower

One of my cameras has a film that turns my lawn pink even after cleaning

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Lots of messages here (although this is the Q camera area, not the wireless) about this problem - a quick search would have your possible solutions.

Try a few things - open and close the camera battery door.  While it's in your hand, try carefully tapping it on various sides against your hand to see if the filter moves out of the way.  On the app or browser, try disabling night vision and re-enabling it.  Better?  If not, create a trouble ticket for replacement.

RHE
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got the same problem and it seems that this is a common issue with the cameras. I have opened a ticket and asked for replacement and did get that confirmed too. What I do not agree with is that I now have to send in my camera first before I get the replacement rather than Netgear sending the replacement first. It can be done but for a charge. So, essentially Netgear is trying to make money on a situation they have created in the first place. I am now contemplating returning the cameras to the shop I bought them from and either replace them with new ones or buy a different product alltogether. Call me old fashioned but this is very bad customer service in my book.

nicholshornlake
Luminary
Luminary

I had a second camera do the same thing. I removed it from the system, then readded it. That was a couple weeks ago. So far no more red tint. Fingers crossed.

lacie123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a pink hue to my camera I have tried removing battery a couple times.  This did not fix the problem.   Its like the color is out of it.  I have only had this system a couple months

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lacie123,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

meba
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have two cameras not working one with the pink hue the other night vision is no longer bright. Both cameras stopped working properly over night. These cameras are only a few months old. Not good.
redcongo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had the same problem with the Pink Hue and tried unstalling it and reinstalling it and it worked for a little while and then back to pink in daylight now I have to send it back to get it replaced does not sound good 😞