Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wired Base Station Offline

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JohnjRyan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a first edition arlo wired. The batteries ran out some time ago and I went to change them today. Got errors not picking up the cameras and base station off line   I frustratingly deleted the whole system to start again and it’s asking for the netgear router password. I haven’t got a clue, can anyone help please. John. 

By the way one of the cameras blue lights for syncing is very very dim changed all batteries with new and still dim.  Only on the one unit though?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove everything from Settings, My Devices. Hold the base reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Claim the base first by using the Add Device selection (web) or + (app). Then sync the cameras. There's never a prompt to enter credentials to anything but the Arlo login itself (app or web). Don't try to log into the base 'cause you can't.

Can't say for sure about the faint blue LED on that one camera. It's possible that the LED has slipped out of its normal position and can't be seen like the rest.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove everything from Settings, My Devices. Hold the base reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Claim the base first by using the Add Device selection (web) or + (app). Then sync the cameras. There's never a prompt to enter credentials to anything but the Arlo login itself (app or web). Don't try to log into the base 'cause you can't.

Can't say for sure about the faint blue LED on that one camera. It's possible that the LED has slipped out of its normal position and can't be seen like the rest.

JohnjRyan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Perfect now fully working, many thanks.