Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo wire free high battery usage

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Muzwano
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. I have three Arlo wire free cameras. One of these cameras seems to be using batteries at an excessive rate. I have relocated this camera to be closest to the base station (and lowest motion detection probability when armed) and have it running on "best battery life" setting and it is still has excessive battery consumption. I replaced all batteries across the three cameras in June. The first two still have 94% battery life (very infrequent motion detection) but this camera has been through two full sets over the same time. New batteries installed 4 days ago and now only 91% remaining life (no motion detection or recording or viewing undertaken). Firmware is up to date. Batteries all from the same batch and tested before use. Any ideas or is this camera simply a dud?
2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the firmware versions on each camera the same? You might want to remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync. If that doesn't help, open a case at https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Muzwano
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes the firmware is identical and all cameras have the latest firmware installed. I will try your suggestion. Thx