Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo wire free camera wont sync

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
xxtrabass
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,  

I am having a problem with my Arlo wire free camera not syncing with the base station.  when i open the battery cover on the camera and close it, i hear the shutter click and the solid blue light comes on and the turns off, with no other lights.  If i hold the sync button, absolutely nothing happens.  i have changed the batteries with brand new duracell and still the same thing happens. I tried removing the device from my account, and i am unable to add it back. i have restarted my base station as well. 

Also is any one else having problems connecting to live chat, or trying to email customer support?  when i try to "Drop us a line" my email is not found, even if i click forgot password.  i use the credentials to log in to my account without any problems.

any help would be greatly appriciated

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A few folks have mentioned that various buttons have been hard to press properly. Try pressing the sync button in multiple ways with varying amounts of pressure - perhaps the contact under the plastic button is offset somehow or is stuck.

I can't vouch for how the various methods of contact are currently working but never had your problems.  You may need to try calling instead and see if they can help not only with the camera but also your contact problems.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

xxtrabass,

Adding to jguerdat's comments above, don't press and hold the sync button. Simply press and release the sync button, if done correctly, you should see a blue flashing LED on the camera.

JamesC

xxtrabass
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you for the replies, unfortunately, none of the above suggestions get the camera to sync. The only way I can get any light at all its to open and close the battery door. Like I mentioned above, all I get is a solid blue light for a second and then off.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would seem to be defective. Swap at the store or pursue the options found in the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

xxtrabass
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for the replies, I ended up having to send it back