Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo wire free camera - Your device is not connected

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Jef68
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo wire free system with 4 wire free cameras, all indoors. Batteries checked and all good.  Had this successfully setup, all cameras synced and working for a couple of months. 4 days ago, two of the cameras stopped working (not syncing) - on my iPhone Arlo app I can still view stream from 2 cameras, while the other 2 show "Your device is not connected.  Make sure it's connected to your router and has a working Internet connection."

I have internet connection, the batteries in the 2 non-syncing cameras are working, and the base station is working.

I have pulled the batteries and attempted to re-sync both cameras 4 times to no avail.  The cameras flash rapid blue for several minutes and then flash rapid yellow.

Not sure what/where the problem!  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How did you test the batteries?  Maybe trying a fresh set for troubleshooting would be useful.

Sometimes, power cycling the base helps.  Before going too far, make sure you remove the cameras in Settings and try syncing again.  You may need to do a factory reset and start over - if so, make notes of your settings, modes/rules and schedule.

Veronica
Initiate
Initiate

Since 04/03/16 my camera has been offline. I just bought new batteries for both cameras and this did not reconnect to the wifi. My wifi signal is OK, and my other camera is working correctly.

How do I reset my second camera?

Thanks,

Veronica

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try the steps in the message above yours.

woolmkt1
Aspirant
Aspirant

About 2-3 times a week for the past month, the App on my phone and computer will say it "your device is not connected" and it's ONLY when I'm at work. It works when I leave for work and it works about 30 minutes before I get home.  Why would this happen?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When this happens on your phone at work, is it on WiFi or cell service?  WiFi at work can be blocked.

woolmkt1
Aspirant
Aspirant

My phone is on wifi at work, but my PC is on the internet and it says the same thing and it says the same thing on my husband's phone at his work.  We don't know if its something wrong with arlo or if the cable company is cutting off our service during the day when we are at work. Arlo didn't work all day yesterday and today it's been fine.  Crazy!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

woolmkt1,

What is the behavior of the internet LED on the base station when you are experiencing this issue. If it is amber that means the base has lost connection to the internet, which will result in the error you are describing.

JamesC

Bern33
Aspirant
Aspirant
I use the arlo system for 9 months and this offline issue always happens. And it happens everyday recently.
I never change the settings since the first setup, both arlo and my internet. When it is offline, the light of the base station is in Amber color. Sometimes I get it back after switch off and off the base once, but sometimes I need to try many times.
I even call my ISP to check my internet usage conditions and they said no problems found of my internet.
Arlo is a security system and it is not cheap, but it can not working for few hours a day. What can I do? I am very disappointed.
Bern33
Aspirant
Aspirant
Today, the base station said it is offline and the light shows Amber for 4 hours and I switch off and on more than ten times to resume the service.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There can be a few possible problems.  One would be your router having an issue and another would be the base.  You're still in warranty - place a trouble ticket for a possible RMA.  Others here have battled with issues far too long and finally replaced faulty equipment which solves the problem.  The forums can help only so much - the official support mechanism is through a trouble ticket.

Jef68
Aspirant
Aspirant

It was the batteries.  The battery indicator showed 50% remaining.