Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo video does not appear in library

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Triumph250
Guide
Guide

Videos stopped appearing in the library. If I go to the device and do a manual recording, the video does appear in the library. 

The Mode is set to "All Motion On"

The Camera is set to "motion is detected" and "record video". There is alwso a Push notification to an email.

20 REPLIES 20
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a power button reboot of the base

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Triumph250
Guide
Guide

Did it twice. Same result.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Triumph250,

"All Motion On" is an old mode that came standard with very old firmware. Do you have an "Armed" mode available? Does it behave the same way?

This could also be a firmware related issue, what firmware is your system running? Do you have firmware updates available?

You can check firmware by navigating to Settings > My Devices > select a device > Device Info > Firmware

JamesC

Triumph250
Guide
Guide

Hello JamesC,

I do not see an "Arned" mode. As for Firmware,

Base 1.4.2695

Cameras  1.2.2688

I do not see an option to update the Firmware nor an indicator that Firmware updates are available.

Thank you for your assistance.

Bill

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The Armed mode is found in the Mode tab. Click on your base and check out the modes there. If there is no Armed or Disarmed mode there but just All Motion On and All Motion Off, the best plan is to reset the base and start fresh. If you have all 4 modes, delete the All Motion ones and use only Armed and Disarmed. Co insider creating your own custom modes, too.
Triumph250
Guide
Guide

OK. More testing scenarios and results.

There is no Armed/Disarmed mode.

Created new Custom Mode with "record video on if motion is detected."

Restarted base.

Manual recording of camera produces entry in Library.

Motion detection recording appears to be working. Modem transmission lights flashing. Camera Positioning and Motion Detection Test indicate "Busy".

Push notification appears on smart phone.

No recording appears in Library

No email notification

At this point, it appears that there is an issue on Arlo's side.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think the issue is on your side although through no fault of yours.

Reset the base by removing it and all connected cameras from Settings, My Devices and start fresh.  Add the base using Add Device on the Devices tab and sync cameras.  That should give you Armed and Disarmed and no other modes.  That should clear your issues completely.

ImObersteg
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same exact issue. I have rebooted/reset, changed the batteries, etc, uninstalled everything, reinstalled everything with absolutely no luck. No video recordings, and no new "armed" or "disarmed" mode. My base and cameras are updated to the same version as everyone's. When I go to my app, the library button shows there is one video recording, but when I open up the library nothing is there. I have stood in front of my cameras and they detect motion as I get alerts, but cannot find any video recording in my library. My library is completely blank. I can force a recording while on my app so I know they can record. So how can a system record ideo perfectly when you go to sleep and when you wake it just stops? Oh and those email notifications I used to get? Well I haven't seen one since that night. I sure would appreciate some assistance as I am out of ideas.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think you'll need to open a case with support to get this fixed - we can't do it from here.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ImObersteg,

What firmware version is your base station and cameras currently running? You can check here to see the latest firmware versions: Release Notes

JamesC

Triumph250
Guide
Guide

I finally got around to resetting the base station, added a new device (base station) in the Arlo application, replacing the batteries in the cameras and syncing the cameras to the base station. Manual recording are posted to the library. Automatic recordings are NOT posted to the library.

• Needless to say, I'm getting frustrated with this product.
ImObersteg
Aspirant
Aspirant

The base (VMB3010r2): 1.4.2695.

The 4 cameras (VMC3030): 1.2.2688.would update 

The base and cameras all state no updates are available, though I have tried to force them to update and hoped each time they would update overnight. Tried at least ten times, if not more. I have never had a problem updating in the past - it was automatic. 

As before, I can manually record, but there are no automatic recordings. I get notices of motion detection on my phone app, but no longer receive them via email. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Triumph250, ImObersteg

Both of your posts indicate old firmware on both the base station and cameras. This is likely the cause of the symptoms described above.

Poor internet connections (speed) can prevent the firmware updates from completing. What is your download/upload speed and who is you ISP?

JamesC

ImObersteg
Aspirant
Aspirant

We go thru CenturyLink in Oregon. I'll have to get back to you on the download/upload speed as it is a 2nd home. Never had a problem updating before, so not sure why there is trouble now. What the update a much larger file than ever before?

ImObersteg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Another new development: One of my cameras is now showing everything in pink today. What is causing this?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The IR filter is stuck.  You can try opening and closing the battery door but if it persists you'll need to open a case with support.

Triumph250
Guide
Guide

JamesC,

This issue was with an older verion of the Firmware. I have AT&T DSL as the service provider and the speed is not very fast. I was able to take the base station and cameras to anther location to apply the updates. The system is functional again and recordings are being posted to the library. 

My concern is that this will happen again. Other than upgrading the network speed (which is not available), is there anything I can do?

Thanks for your help.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not really.  Maybe with the new firmware things will work better in the first place.  Maybe not...

Aspirant
Aspirant

I receive notification of activity (motions) via email and I can see such when I click on the email.  However, when I go to my library, the screen in the library is green...the same color as the little bird by arlo.  I've unplugged all systems, removed batteries, replaced the camera with another and the library showed videos for a short time, then went back to green!  Help.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Try the app and a browser​. If one works, you can try logging out and back in, reinstalling the app and focusing the cache on the browser.