Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jrutherford
Tutor
Tutor
I constantly get notifications when cars are going by even though I have my vision set only to the door and driveway. So I automatically want to check when something comes across since my kids are home. It takes so long to to buffer or load to get the video on the main screen or what did happen. If someone was at my house they would be in before I could see it. Why is it taking so long? Internet is good on both ends. At home the box is only about 5-6 ft from the camera and on the wifi. At work I have 4G all the time.
8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does it differ when using WiFi vs. cell service? WHat phone/OS? Older/slower phones take longer - my Nexus 6 is very definitely slower than my Pixel 3 XL, by leaps and bounds.

dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

I believe this issue belongs to the  file server of Arlo storage.

After June 5, 2019, everyone got 640x352 resolution with 24 frames per second. (Still nowhere near HD).

But now, this fix increases the data transfer rate between all customers and Arlo cloud storage, causing all delay loading.

This entire failure belongs to Arlo because their storage data transfer rate is not fast enough to meet the needs of all customers.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The delay on a computer browser is very much less so I don't believe it's a backend issue.

dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

jrutherford, when did you having this probelm?

I happended to me too, when that happen, what I did was close the brower with Arlo program,

then open the brower again, start up the Arlo program, go to library, everything return back to normal. 

jrutherford
Tutor
Tutor
I have a Samsung galaxy S9 plus. Does not make a difference if my phone is on wifi at home, work or on 4G cell service it still takes a while to load. Sometimes the video will time out and the when I watch the alert videos, I will get sound and no video. So I have to completely shut it out and start over again.
jrutherford
Tutor
Tutor
This has been happening since we got the arlo a year ago. It's just frustrating. Shutting it all down and even raising my phone doesn't help. This even happens on my husband's phone and daughters phone.
jrutherford
Tutor
Tutor
Resetting not raising sorry
Bagabond
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Jrutherford

I totally agree.  I have a galaxy S5 and it takes forever.  I did try a newer flagship model and it was much faster but certainly not spectacular. 

Try using Puffin browser for Andriod (from Google Play Store).  I has flashplayer built in and loads the Arlo web interface in a flash!

Regards

Bagabond