Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo system keeps going offline. Tried resetting 4 times and it'll go online but goes back offline.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Spongebobsquare
Aspirant
Aspirant

As of yesterday 11th October 2021 , I have noticed my Arlo system keeps going off line , I have reset the base station VMB3000 ,  4 times now and after each reset it comes back online . However after a few hours it will go offline again and all the camera batteries will start to drain . I have 4 of the original Arlo camera with new batteries installed and 1 Arlo pro 2 . They have been in the same location and working for over 5 years and now for some reason having this issue when no changes to anything have been made all I can suspect it is  a firm ware update .

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Spongebobsquare,

When you mention that your system goes offline, what LED lights are you seeing with your Base Station? Have you also tried bringing your Arlo cameras closer to see if they still go offline and/or drain battery?

Spongebobsquare
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi , the camera light on the base station goes off but the power and internet light are all still  green . The cameras are all in the same position they have been for over 5 years and not moved so distance from the base station is not an issue with the closest one only been about 1.5 meters away from the base station and still going offline . There are no issues with the Wifi in the area as have a Eufy system also installed for about 6 months now and this is still online with no interruptions . 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Just to make sure, are all of your cameras showing offline, which includes your 4 Arlo HD camera and 1 Pro 2 camera? You can try removing the batteries from your camera and re-inserting them back in to see if that may help. You can also try referring to this article to help troubleshoot: My Arlo camera is offline; how can I troubleshoot it?

Spongebobsquare
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes all 5 cameras all go off line at the same time and camera light is off on the base station when this happens . The batteries have all been replaced and recharged several times now (they are also all fairly new rechargeable ones) as when they go off line they drain the batteries quickly trying to reach the hub . The batteries have been working fine for 4-5 months prior to this so it is not a battery issue and the Arlo Pro has its own rechargeable battery which has been recharged I have tested my WIFI also in all the spots and it never drops down below 80% strength and still reaching speeds of 90 to 150mbps  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be that the base is having issues but before going down that path try removing all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. 

Spongebobsquare
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have already done a factory reset on the base station removed all the cameras and add them all back on and it is still happening . I have tested the WIFI strength in all the areas the cameras are in and it never drops below 85% strength and still gets speeds from 85mbps to 170mpbs pending camera location . I have checked the firmware and its all running the latest firm wire also done a reset on my nighthawk wifi router and updated this to the latest firmware . 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here. Sounds like a hardware issue.