Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo, sleek, good streaming quality, cloud?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Idontleasehrdwr
Follower
Follower

I was excited to purchase the two-camera pack of Arlo Wire Free security cameras today.  I got it home, tested it out, and was impressed with the video quality and automatic adaptation to lighting conditions.  This is some very well designed hardware.

I attempted to ascertain how to direct the camera streams to my local server and discovered that they require streaming to the Arlo cloud.  But there's no reason to worry!  Internet connections never go down, certainly not while someone is breaking in to your home.  Really, these cameras are a nice affordable option for leasing.  That's right.  You don't own them.  You're merely borrowing them from Netgear.  On the upside, If they ever discontinue the Arlo Cloud, rendering your purchase useless from a technological standpoint, you can use the cameras as very attractive bookends!

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Idontleasehrdwr,

We appreciate your feedback. There are many discussions surrounding the topic of a local storage option posted in the Arlo Idea Exchange. I encourage you to visit these discussions and share your desire for this feature.

Thank you for your contribution,

JamesC