Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo, set it up today all working now cannot connect to internet

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Aspirant
Aspirant

hello set it all up today working great now cannot connect to internet comes up when i try to use the app. Have three green lights on the base...

6 REPLIES 6
LovelyNot
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here.

Your servers are really way overloaded, netgear! Please add bandwidth and servers.

Aspirant
Aspirant

Have had another look this morning, if I press new system startup on the app, the following flashes at the top of the screen "a server with the specified hostname".... I am unable to open the app on the three devices I have it on, been waiting for live chat for ages despite being number 1 in the que! 

Any help much appreciated

MG

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't seem to be including the whole error message.  From what you did post would seem to be a DNS failure which can occur in many places.  Are you using the app or browser?  If the app, try both WiFi as well as 3/4G since they'll likely use different DNS servers to resolve the name to an IP address.  If one server has an issue, others will probably work fine.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you have already gone through system setup and the device was working, use your account log in (what you used on set up) to log in to the app. You don't want to press new system startup. Does it not allow you to log in to the app when using your account information?

JamesC

Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

i have taken the decision to return my gear to Amazon for refund. I spent an hour with "Malin" on live chat via support and eventually got it working again, but since then the base has gone offline twice in 2 days, requiring resets, and ladders out, cameras down and resetting and syncing, sorry I don't have the time to be going through this every day.

Also issues with the app, once the base is offline, cannot log in with ios, could only do it via android and mobile data, not phone connected to wifi..too much hassle.

Good luck with it, it seems a good system and will hopefully be sorted but for me, I am going to have to find another product.

MG

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I am sorry to hear that you have determined that the Arlo system is not a good fit for your needs. If you reconsider and would like more assistance please feel free to reach out further on the community, or to me via private message. I would be happy to help!

JamesC