Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
KingAlmondo
Follower
Follower

Hello,

Is the arlo service down rights now? It is telling me, there is an unexpected issue.

58 REPLIES 58
azjug
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine went down around 2:00 PM, it's now 2:00 AM and it is up and running. All is good.

H2O
Initiate
Initiate
Just got mine as well. After this fiasco, I'm seriously thinking of returning it and getting the Nest.

I should have known better actually, anything I've ever touched with"Netgear"printed on the label has always failed/or extremely dissapointed me.
Mljarogers
Tutor
Tutor
My base was always connected just couldn’t access my camera feed via the app. All is back up and usable. 🙂
Luddy111dog
Aspirant
Aspirant

Some of the comments on here have been very touchy.

If things were perfect, everybody would be sipping lattes, wars wouldn't exist & petrol prices would be cheaper.

Cool it & replace attitude with positive resolutions. Isn't that why you brought the product in the first place????

I know that's why I did.

tinman517
Apprentice
Apprentice

Finally! Base station is connected and I am able to disarm my system.

Hopefully, Netgear sorted all this out and we will not experience further issues anytime soon.

Pjdr350
Aspirant
Aspirant
This all may have to do with the black fri sales.. Walmart had 3 camera systems for $199
demetreb
Apprentice
Apprentice
So we are to expect sub par service, service outages for 12 hrs, questionable software / hardware for our purchase? I don't think so. I will not accept sub satisfactory service as the new norm. Sell that to millennials.
If netgear or any other service provider for that matter, can't keep up then they must expect and accept unhappy customers and build off of their customer's criticisms, suggestions and complaints.
Pjdr350
Aspirant
Aspirant
Oh please 🙄. Then return it and go elsewhere im sure amazon has some great other choices.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RESOLVED: Some Arlo Base Station reporting as “Offline”

Following is an update on the Arlo Service interruption.  On Friday November 24, 2017 at approximately 11:00am Pacific time, we experienced a major service disruption which impacted Customer’s ability to access their Arlo Systems.   Services were restored at approximately 2:00am Pacific Time, Saturday November 25 although some Customers may have continued to experience issues for several hours after the fix was implemented.  If you are still experiencing an issue with your Arlo system, please contact support at:  1-(408)-638-3750.  We sincerely apologize for this service interruption and it certainly does not reflect our standards of service availability.  Our technical teams continue to work diligently to ensure services remain available and we are reviewing our internal processes and systems in order to prevent this from happening in the future.  Again, we apologize and thank you for your patience.

JamesC