Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo service down? all 3 cameras offline

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
8500rpm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please, JamesC, Netgear and all, don't respond with 'try to sync', reboot and all other nonsense.

I've had the Arlo for 2years now, once all went offline, had to re-sync,then it's been working for 6months again. Today ALL 3 cameras went offline and Basestation shows offline in the App BUT shows green led lights for everything on the actual basestation.

Netgear, you need to be more open if you have stability issues on your side. It's unacceptable to 'reboot' and try different things.

And no, I have the power cable plugged in and there is no software update to the router that's blocking ports etc.. there has been NO change on my network side today. 

Can you please, and I want to say sweetly and nicely, just update us customers, what's going on with the Arlo service?

Ps. don't reply with the standard call suppo +1....  Just be honest with the challenge, and I can try the best on my side also.

Best Regards, Markus

3 REPLIES 3
manfredz
Hero
Hero

mine are currently fine, so no service wide issue

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Working here, too.
8500rpm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok. 

So this morning I took down all cameras, factory reset, removed base station in the account etc...

Working again.

But NETGEAR! This is not the way it should be, I'm in the software business myself and we tell our customers what's going on. 

I can accept that not everything is perfect, but it's not acceptable to 'reset, reboot' etc without any explanantion.

If I have not done anything, do you have self modyfying software, updates, do you do updates in your datacenter, or is Arla software very buggy???

You need to tell us so we know, just randomingly going offline and cure is the old 'reset & reboot' is just, well, very 90s and childish. 

I would recommend Arlo to everyone since it's pretty good when it's working but your policy of it's the users environments fault is just nonsense.